Hill Station Trip:
The first thing which came into our mind, when we plan for a trip to a hill station is a mountain covered with green forest, teak, oak trees, Mesmerizing beauty, sunrise, sunset, etc… As per the discussion with most people, their first choice to visit any place during the summer season is always a hill station. They would choose a nearby hill station during their weekend as it can be easily covered in 2-3 days or if they have a long weekend they can spend their quality time. Also, in case they need hiking or camping they love to go to any of the nearby hill stations.
There are a few things which we should always check before visiting a Hill station, else this can become a nightmare.
1. Avoid Rainy Season
2. Take Extra clothes
3. Check on the internet for Landslides
Avoid the Rainy season:
Always try to avoid visiting the hill station during the rainy season, Rain is very common in hilly areas, and many times there become a flood situation during the rainy season. Avoid camping or adventure sports. There have been many incidents when people went missing and caused many mishappenings.
When am writing this post a few days earlier in this month of September end, there had been a lot of rain in hilly areas near Shimla & Manali areas and due to this many people went missing also there were a lot of other people who went missing.
Take extra clothes:
In hilly areas, it’s very common that it starts raining, and in the month of May to September when other parts of the country are suffering from heat waves and summer, these areas remain very cold at night time as well as daytime. So always be prepared for it. Take a few extra clothes. Keeping some warm clothes as well as a raincoat is also recommended. It is also advisable to keep an extra pair of shoes with you. If you are planning for these hill stations and there is snowfall then taking shoes that have spikes in them will help you to walk on snow deposits on the hill. Being an adventure-loving person helps a lot in trekking.
Check on the internet for Landslides:
You can get news about current climate conditions in any particular hill station and check other news like current weather temperature, landslides, etc. You can get every detail above on my website. Earlier it was not easy to get details but now where everyone owns a smartphone, there are many apps through which you can get information.
Also, few of the points mentioned below will help you a lot.
- While traveling always carry a Plastic Bag. it will help you to keep your electronic gadget wallet and another important thing, as rain is a normal thing in hill stations.
- Carry an adequate amount of cash: It can help you a lot as many of the remote area you wont find ATM or cash withdrawl machine
- Confirm your bookings a week in advance before you set out for the journey. Make sure you call your hotel, check the status of your tickets and any other bookings if made.
- Don’t forget to keep some packaged eatables like chocolates, biscuits, candies wafers, and preservative juice handy. This is in the case of an emergency– you get stuck at an isolated place or your vehicle breaks down. You won’t have to run around for food when hunger strikes.
- Driving on the hilly terrains requires some expertise. With sharp turns and rocky edges, be sure to brush up your driving skills. However, it would be more advisable to hire an experienced driver.
Basically, there are many quick air services (Ambulance and emergency) that help you in all cases. then also we should always be ready and try to carry all safety kits with us and avoid traveling in such cases.
We Pashupati travels located in Gorakhpur provide you with all sorts of details about your tour or travel destination. We also plan for your holiday. We have many packages for different locations. We organize tours to various destinations in Nepal and India.
For inquiries or any travel questions just dial us at our given number.
Source and images: